About Me

My photo
Stay-at-Home Mom trying to make the most of nap times!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Other White Meat

I taught myself to cook over the past five years.  I certainly had help from my wonderful husband, but generally, I need to do it on my own to get the hang of it. 

*Side Note: The grab ball is just about done!

Pork chops have never been one of my favorite foods, but sometimes they wind up in our grocery cart since Brent enjoys them.  Usually Brent would grill them and I would end up enjoying them, but tonight I wanted to try something new. 

*Side Note: My Crafty Mama book arrived yesterday!

I chose a stuffed pork chop recipe from my Good Housekeeping Cookbook that included herb coated apples and diced bread.  I braised and baked the chops after stuffing them with a yummy smelling mixture.  It turned out alright, but I think it could have used more flavor...maybe I'll try something else next time. 

*Side Note: My Sew Everything book arrived today!

Here's a picture of my dinner plate before it was devoured.


 Anyone have a good pork chop recipe they'd like to share?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever made pork chops. I guess that's not much help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do a "fakey" stuffed pork chop. :P

    I just get the thicker boneless pork chops (since my husband refuses to eat meat off a bone...weirdo) and cut a slice in the middle of them to form a pocket.

    Then, I make one helping of stuffing- i got a can of stuffing mix at the store that makes 12 servings worth, and you can make as much or as little as you like. After I make the 1 helping, I shove some in each of the pork chops and secure the hole with a toothpick.

    Then, I coat both sides with pepper and garlic salt and pan fry with olive oil til done.

    FYI- This is the only way I can get my husband to eat pork chops- he doesn't like pork too much but I grew up eating tons of it.

    Your recipe sounds so much better, but I thought I'd share my fakey recipe anyway.

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, That actually sounds much better than the chops from last night with maybe a little applesauce on the side...Yum!

    ReplyDelete