About Me

My photo
Stay-at-Home Mom trying to make the most of nap times!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Knot a Problem

Finished the beautiful - yet small - handbag last week.  I was so anxious to post the completed picture, but our computer has been on the fritz and we finally got it fixed yesterday. 


Here's a shot of it hanging with stuff inside...



I love the corduroy that I found for the inside and I think that the material I chose for the outside will be wonderful with most of my clothes. 

The final problem that I had in making this bag was with the snap that keeps the purse closed.  It is so strong that when I try to open the snap, the thread I used to tie it on is being pulled out.  Not sure how I will fix this yet, but I'm sure I will come up with a solution :)

Orange Thread Project
In response to my previous inquiry about the orange thread...I made a ski flag for my husband (and our friends with a ski boat).  I thought it would be really easy to make, but Brent wanted to make it a little more complicated so that the flag would be bigger.

Plus side:  I feel like I'm "becoming one" with my sewing machine. 
Down side:  I'm also "becoming one" with my seam rippers ;) 

I think I'm ready to take on the skirt...but I may work on a couple of crochet items for the church first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment