Well, it's much harder than it looks (or it was for me). I wasn't sure how many diapers to get, so we got ~170 and I used all but 3 on the cake. I also used bottles for the center of the cake, receiving blankets, a bath toy on top, baby spoons, socks, onesies, sleepers, butt cream, travel size soap and hand sanitizer, and pacifiers.
The diapers were not too difficult to roll up, but they took a while and the rubber bands cut into my fingers :( Then it was on to the assembly which was fun to experiment with. In the end I decided I needed a base for this four layer cake which my dear husband cut out for me. I covered the base with the blankets, added some pretty ribbon to hide the rubber bands, and decorated the cake with all of the other baby items.
Now I just have to hope that it doesn't all fall apart on the way to Phoenix!


So cute, Lo! Such a creative way to give a shower gift!
ReplyDeleteCute! I got a diaper cake when Will was born and I didn't want to take it apart because they're so adorable!
ReplyDelete