Lillian's big Christmas gift this year was a new play kitchen. I got the idea from my sister-in-law Michele when she posted a link to these DIY kitchens...
Then I brought the idea to my wonderful (and very ambitious husband) who in turn replied...I could make her one from scratch like that...ok :)
So after months of discussion, we finally had a sketch for this idea.
He got started a little late...you know how it is with a little kid running around...and Christmas Eve we were both trying very hard to finish this kitchen. In the end, it was too cold for the paint to mix and dry, so Brent finished the project the day after Christmas. Lillian didn't care that she got it a day late...great thing about 2 year olds...so all is good.
Her kitchen has a refrigerator, freezer, and oven with doors painted with magnetic paint...so her letters and numbers are easily accessible. There are shelves behind the curtain that I made...she picked out the fabric. Stainless steel sink and faucet where she likes to wash her hands and dishes. A picture window that Brent painted for her...curtains may be added in the future. A shelf with hooks above the sink. We are planning to add a chalkboard to one of the sides and possible another hook for her apron. Also, the fridge and oven need some shelves, but as you will see, better to leave those off for now :)
Here's the final product...
| Peeking out from the fridge |
| The oven with knob that turns |
| Sink, Range, Picture Window, and Shelf |
| Playing with the sink |
Very cute! I love the homemade wood kitchens.
ReplyDelete