My friend Laura is interested in digital scrapbooking and wants to take a look at what I have done on Lillian's ABC scrapbook. I pulled it up today and realized I still have a LOT of work to do on it...better fire up the old computer to see if I can recover some old pictures from Lillian's early days.
Here's one of my favorite pages:
As for all of my other projects...I think I may have overwhelmed myself with crafts and so I'm not really getting anything done :( I'm trying to make gifts for all of Lillian's friends that are turning one...they aren't too hard, but most of the work has to be done while she's sleeping. I need to make four of these in the next two weeks.
Of course Halloween is right around the corner as well...so I'm feverishly trying to create a "wiggle worm" costume out of my imagination. I'm going to sew an outfit with segments, but now I need to decide if I make a green tutu to represent grass (that the worm would be popping out of) or do I extend the outfit to make the tail of the worm? Not sure which will be more obvious in the end but I think the tutu would be easier to construct than the tail of the worm...if you're reading this, let me know what you would do?
And some day I will return to the skirt that I bought a pattern for a couple of weeks ago...some day :)

I think the tail might be better, not sure everyone will interpret the tutu as grass. Not sure I am quite getting what you want to do, but could you just sew a cone shaped tail, stuff it and then use ties to segment it?
ReplyDeleteI think the tail would be better too. The tutu thing is over done... but easier I agree. Are you doing like a patchwork thing with the outfit? If so, you can pick up some green fabrics for your costume. Have fun...
ReplyDeleteI think a tail would br cute. :) can't wait to see a pic of the final product! :)
ReplyDeleteThe photos are so darling! I think I have that same umbrella, actually. Target?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I can't wait to see the final ABC scrapbook. What a cute idea!
Have you seen this?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bunting-Wiggle-Worm-Costume/dp/B001OIA8OA
Somehow I don't think our feisty little Lillian is going to put up with being constrained like a worm! :)
Thanks everyone for your input...we have decided to do the tail...more to come on the progress soon.
ReplyDeleteBeth, I did see that costume and like you said, I could not imagine Lillian putting up with being constrained, so we're making legs in the costume and the tail attached to her back...no bunting outfit for her :)