About Me

My photo
Stay-at-Home Mom trying to make the most of nap times!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Costume Update

After working feverishly all weekend with Brent to come up with a pattern fir this costume, I think I may be ready to start cutting...again. 

We thought we had it all figured out.  I even bought Muslin to try it out and pinned the pieces together to try on Lillian.  It turned out to be too small around her body, no problem, and the tail wasn't in the "right" place, I can fix those problems. 

So I adjusted the pattern and started cutting out pieces.  Then I was finally ready to start sewing!

I started with the hood which I think I can keep :)  Then I sewed the collar, arms and legs.  Then I put the pieces together and realized that the tail would not attach the way we originally planned...so it was back to the drawing board. 

Luckily at this point we went to Brent's brother's house for dinner.  I was able to borrow a couple of infant/toddler costumes including a dragon with a tail attached.  So I'm using that as my example of how to create this worm outfit.  I redrew my pattern and outlined what steps I'm going to take when sewing.  I need to go back to Joann's to get more fabric and other supplies, but I think it may finally work (I actually feel confident about this pattern). 

Unfortunately, I need to take a break from the costume in order to get some birthday gifts ready...hopefully just a couple of days with those, and then I will be back full force working on the costume with pictures of everything - pattern, practice, failed attempts, and hopefully the completed worm costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment