My friend recently pinned this cupcake beanie as something she wanted for the baby girl she's expecting. In her original pin, she said it was too bad she didn't know how to sew or crochet. Since I do, I said I would love to make one for Baby Zoey. One problem that I have with Pinterest is that I sometimes forget to open the link before saying I can make something ;) This hat didn't come with directions and it was knit, which I don't do very well.
So what's a good analyst to do...research! There must be a great pattern for a crochet cupcake beanie somewhere online, but I couldn't find one. I used ideas from other hats and came up with this one :)
| This is my favorite view of beanies when I don't have a model. |
| My couch is a great backdrop for the hat...right? |
Icing, sprinkles, and a cherry on top...looks good enough to eat :)
| No newborn babies here, so I tried to use a cabbage patch doll... Lillian laughed when she saw this photo, so I thought I should include it. |
I absolutely LOVE it!!!! I can't believe you were able to create a pattern just by looking at a picture and include sprinkles and a cherry! The purple is SO pretty- I definitely prefer it over the pink in the original. I'm not a giant pink fan :P
ReplyDeleteI'm ecstatic to put this on Zoey when she arrives and get pictures taken with her in it. :)
Thank you SO much! :)
Laura that is so cute! Are you a member on raveley.com? It is free and there arw tons of patterns and ideas. Some patterns are free, some are not...but you should check it out
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
ReplyDeleteThat looks so great!! I'm very impressed:)
ReplyDelete