Here's another jumper that I made for Lillian. This one was made without pockets, but a ribbon around the bottom. I also left off the bias tape that is supposed to be around the arm holes...she's so tiny, they just seemed unnecessary.
| Impossible to get a shot of this kid from the front since she's constantly running! |
The most recent project that I completed was a dress for myself. I picked out a few patterns online (have I mentioned how much I love looking at them online vs. in store with a screaming child in my arms?), asked Brent his opinion, and bought the pattern. Then I found fabric that I thought would be great for a dress...bought some satin type material for the lining, and the zipper.
This was the first pattern that I made for myself that included top measurements. Tip: Have someone measure you...don't do it yourself. My measurements were way too big or I don't know how to cut a straight line because when the dress was totally put together it was huge on me. I ended up pinning it again, basting, and sewing a new seam. For what it was, it turned out pretty well. I had fun making this dress and I think I'll be making more from this pattern...I will just have to try a different size next time :)
| Don't you love the shell-shocked look! |
SO cute! I'm beyond impressed!
ReplyDeleteCute dress!
ReplyDeleteLora! You are so talented! Have you been sewing long or is it a new hobby?
ReplyDelete