I'm off to a good start with this ball.
Here are the materials I'm using:
![]() |
|
![]() |
| Don't worry, I kept a close eye on her and the string at all times! |
Here is the first section of the ball...I need 4 of these to complete the project...might take a couple more days since Lillian's Superdad had to return to his day job today.


Looking forward to reading about your crafts! Is crochet easier than knitting? Because I tried to teach myself to knit and it did not go so well.
ReplyDeleteI am definitely interested in what you teach yourself. I know how to crochet (barely), but my brother is SO much better than I am. Weird statement, but totally true. The things he makes are awesome, I'm lucky I can make a basic scarf. I would love to get better.
ReplyDeleteI started sewing again last year and it has been a great outlet. I have an adorbale pattern for a crib quilt that I did for a friend. If you are sewing also, let me know, I will pass it along.
Good luck, I am excited to see what you make!
Elsha, I think crochet is MUCH easier, but I'm sure I'll enjoy knitting when I get more experience under my belt. I like crochet because you work with only one needle and it's a lot easier to repair mistakes (although I'm sure knitters would disagree). Thanks for reading the blog!
ReplyDeleteKate, Thanks for the interest! That is funny that your brother is a crocheter...I think practice is the only way to improve in this craft, but if you ever have questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to learn how to sew! I ordered a book that just showed up in my mailbox today...I can't wait to start reading and picking out patterns and fabrics. I'll let you know when I'm ready for the crib quilt pattern :)